tropicana ~ life is a kaleidoscope
Join The Princess in her journey of a plethora of changing colours and patterns

Of Nanananana.....

For the first time in my life (varsity life not counted), I actually have 3,4 books lying around waiting to be read. I'm as busy as can be, plus more. Was struggling to finish Harumi Murakami's After Dark (it's a thin volume by the way) even after a few sittings and as a result, kinda lost the surreal feeling normally associated with his writing. Sorry, Abang Murakami.

Went back to Melaka to see my Nana two weeks ago. His eye was still stitched up then. Where last time a yellowish-green eye used to be, now sits a thin scar deeming him forever unable to open his left eyelid. Oh well, one less evil stare to contend with (if you have an iguana, you'd know what I mean).

I must thank Mama and Papa Tju for the hassle of finding a reptile vet (It's totally non-existent in Melaka, save for the nice lady vet, Dr. Cindy from Zoo Melaka). And also the numerous trips to UVH Serdang (I don't think my parents ever ventured driving beyond Nilai). Special thanks also to Dr. Nor from UVH for taking care of my Nana. She even went to pasar malam to buy fruits and vege for him. Unlike the stupid male vet from Klinik Haiwan Valley who couldn't wait to get rid of my Nana when I first brought him for consultation.

Dr. Cindy removed the stitches from his eye few days back, and Nana temporarily lives in the house. Mama Tju will bring him to the bathroom and he will automatically poop. He used to be toilet-trained when he was living indoor for a few years (but sometimes he would get naughty and pooped in the upper bunk of the double decker). And he's eating normally again, but only if Mama Tju hand feeds him. Lazy bum.

At the end of the day, even though he does not wag his tail like a friendly dog (his tail serves more useful purpose like lashing out at enemy, thank you very much), does not come running manja-ing like a kitten, we know he DOES recognize us and reciprocates in his own special ways.

Just steer clear when he gives the evil stare.
0 curtsies received:

Post a Comment


He Says, She Says

Royal Entourage