tropicana ~ life is a kaleidoscope
Join The Princess in her journey of a plethora of changing colours and patterns

Of Christmas Came Early

Joanne threw a pre-Christmas dinner on the 8th (yes, we're going to have a post-Christmas and New Year dinner as well) and invited a bunch of people over. More like a potluck dinner, actually. And everyone had to come dressed up. Joanne, I very the give face lor, I went with heels eventhough my house is just 10 steps away.

My first Christmas dinner with a whole roast turkey complete with stuffing! I must say, the turkey was VERY nice with homemade gravy. And the stuffing as well, made with breadcrumbs, sausages, celery and mince beef (I had to chop the bread into small pieces by hand, cos Joanne plain refused to use those ready made breadcrumbs).

Then I had to rush to supermarket to get the ingredients for cheesecake. I was floating all the time due to lack of sleep (Just came back from Osaka). The worst part was, I couldn't find Philadephia cream cheese and had to make do with spreadable cream cheese. Due to the consistency of the cream cheese, I had to bake it for more than 3 hours. I was so tired I took a nap and woke up at 30 mins interval to check on the cake. Imagine if the alarm decided to not work, the whole house would be burnt down.

At about 6pm, people started to arrive. First to come were Neiqy and Sherry, with their angel hair pasta and chicken meatballs in tomate sauce.


Chicken meatballs in fiery red tomato sauce


Paul and Nina then came together with their goodies. This Paul is crazy. He made 3 containers of mashed potatoes, each portion is enough to feed 20 people. Suffice to say 1 container is still sitting in the freezer, most probably to last until the post-Xmas dinner.



Very spicy fried ribbon pasta with tuna


Creamy mash potatoes


The star of the day - Roast turkey



Mess with me and you have the same fate as the turkey


Roast paprika chicken wings



Chicken rendang


Curry devil


New York cheesecake with strawberry coulis


With so much food, I'm proud to announce we did a pretty good job in devouring the food. Everybody had at least 3 helpings. I was expecting to have a lot of leftover for the cheesecake as everyone was full to the brim, but only a slice remained. Lukman whacked 3 pieces of the cake.









Since I'm sure I'll be working on my birthday next month,
this substitute my birthday cake


Standing (L-R) - Rahim, me, Paul, Patty, Jojo, Kim, Sherry
Sitting (L-R) - Lukman, Neiqy, Joanne, Nina


Everyone will take turn to go back Malaysia for Christmas and New Year, starting with yours truly. Joanne is in Korea now. Next, Jojo and Jac will come back. I'll be spending Xmas in The Sandpit and New Year eve on standby though. The though of it is depressing. But for now, I'm happy resting at home, eating Mama Tju's cooking.

0 curtsies received:

Post a Comment


He Says, She Says

Royal Entourage